Are you a parent-to-be? Then, you are absolutely excited waiting for your baby’s arrival. Let your relatives and close friends know the gender of your baby by setting up a big reveal. To create a fantastic celebration, you definitely need gender reveal party food ideas. Here are our top picks.
Who doesn’t like eating the popcorn? Of course, it becomes an all-time people’s favorite. Because this buttery snack is affordable, incredibly yummy, and super easy to make. That means it is gonna be a perfect treat to serve your party guests. We promise they will have a good time.
If you are too busy, you can purchase fancy pink and blue stripe boxes. Then put the popcorn inside those boxes. Another brilliant way is to use blue and pink colored popcorns. Then, eat the popcorn which reveals your baby’s love in front of them.
2. Fruit Spring Rolls
In case your visitors are well-balanced and vegan diet type, you can’t go wrong with these spring rolls. They are truly fresh, amazing, and gluten-free. Moreover, they indeed function as healthy appetisers.This is the recipe.
- For filling, prepare a lemon or lime zest, chopped mints, zoodles, watermelon sticks, thinly sliced peaches, blueberries, kiwis, and strawberries.
- Dip rice paper rolls in a warm beet juice or butterfly pea flower tea for 20 seconds.
- Lay them on and stuff with the filling.
- Roll them quickly. For a dipping sauce, blend mint, coconut milk yogurt, lemon juice, and mint leaves together.
Figuring out your little bundle of joy’s love is extremely wonderful. The marvelous event is incomplete without these beautiful cupcakes. Once they are ready, the party participants surely won’t stop drooling over them.
Buy a white cake mix and bake your own dessert. We recommend you to hide secret blue or pink-colored heart in the center of cupcakes. After that, swirl pink and blue whipped cream frostings on top of them. Do not forget to decorate the cakes with colored chocolate sprinkles.
4. Sugar Cookies
One of the most delectable means to find out your infant’s gender is by baking cute sugar cookies. As you can see, those decorated cookies are so irresistible. Your party attendants certainly will take a bite of them.
- Mix 3 cups flour, 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Keep the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out and roll out the dough. Shape the cookies using onesie and circle cutters.
- Bake them for around 10 minutes and place on the cooling rack.
- Beat 5 ½ tablespoons warm water, 4 tablespoons meringue powder, 4 cups powdered sugar, few drops of blue or pink food coloring, until you get a stiff peak.
- Fill the royal icings in piping bags and decorate your cookies.
5. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Expose your baby-to-be’s gender in a tasty and excellent way through chocolate dipped strawberries. They are gonna be stars of your party due to their stunning looks. Most importantly, the preparation is not time-consuming.
- Rinse the strawberries and let them fully dry.
- Melt the white chocolate and1 teaspoon shortening in 2 medium saucepans over a low heat. Add a blue and pink colorings in the pans.
- Remove the heat and dip lower half of strawberries in the colored chocolates. Place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
6. Pretzel Rods
Releasing a balloon to unveil the love of your infant is probably out-dated. So why don’t you choose these colored pretzel rods for your party? They are not only salty, but also snappy and crunchy.
Caramel pretzels will draw up the eyes of your guests in no time. We also guarantee that they love snacking these midafternoon snacks. They can opt for team blue or team pink too. The announcement from party organizer tells the right answer.
Some of your visitors have a sweet tooth, but some aren’t. After knowing this fact, you shall cook a Polish-style dumpling namely pierogies. They are savory and tantalising. Furthermore, they can be the instant hit of your upcoming party for sure.
Traditionally pierogies are filled with the cheese curd and mashed potato. You can use sausage, broccoli, shrimp, chicken, pork, cheddar cheese, or anything you want. There is nothing more interesting than bitting into a pink or blue-colored pierogies.
8. Ice Cream
Everyone wants to be a part of your huge surprise especially, if you serve them with a smooth and rich-tasting ice cream. This extra sweet twist is also perfect for the baby shower or gender reveal party in the summer. Get the recipe from us below.
- Stir 1 cup milk, 2 cups heavy cream, ¾ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and a blue or pink coloring over a low heat for 5 minutes. Feel free to add a fruit puree.
- Once the mixture is cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 6-24 hours.
- Churn it in the ice cream maker.
- Serve ice creams on cones.
Blue and pink-colored burgers are really eye-catching. They can be used as a strong mean to disclose your baby’s love as well. If you are creative, you may add blue and pink food coloring to the bun dough. Stuff the burgers with patties, avocado slices, lettuces, tomato slices, and onion slices.
Another unique way is to make special sauces for the burgers. If you are pregnant with a baby boy, drizzle the burgers with a blue cheese sauce. On the other hand, if you are having a girl, top the ketchup on burgers.
10. Deviled Eggs
Pastel blue and pink deviled eggs are must-haves. They give impressive touch for your party too. Best of all, they are completely scrumptious. Get the message of your baby’s gender across by stealing from this recipe.
- Put 12 eggs into a large saucepan. Boil for 25 minutes.
- Cut them into halves lengthwise and remove the egg yolks.
- Dye a egg white halves in pink and blue.
- Mix egg yolks, 1 teaspoon black pepper, hot sauce, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, ¼ cup salad dressing, and a dash of salt very well.
- Pipe the filling into colored eggs. Chill about 20-30 minutes before serving.
Since having a newborn is the hippest and most precious moment in life, you must celebrate it. Our gender reveal party food ideas mentioned above will make your special day unforgettable.