Health plays an important part in increasing the human’s lifespan. It is also a necessary element in augmenting the quality of life. Healthier a person, the happier he/she can be. You can support your health by building your own sports station from these best home gym ideas.
1. Home Gym with Swimming Pool
What do you think every time you hear about a home gym? Well, as you can see from the picture, it is not just a place with a treadmill, cross trainer, etc. You can also add the swimming pool there. Yes, a tiny swimming pool can refresh your body after the exhausting workout.
- Spare a space to build the swimming pool.
- Make it than the flooring.
- To accentuate the pool, you can use stone tiles that goes well with flooring tiles.
2. Retro Home Gym Idea
How to make your home gym become a place that can boost your spirit and energy? You can cover the gym wall with retro and colorful wallpaper like the one shown from the picture. Aside of that, what you need to do to earn this looks are:
- Put a mirror on one side of the room.
- Cover the floor with a mat.
- Put your favourite sports equipment on one side of the room.
3. Home Gym in The Garage
If you have an unused garage, you can use it as a home gym. Actually, this is a good idea since you can enjoy the fresh air once you open the door. And the great thing about this garage is, it is connected to the house via the stair.
- Clean your garage and use wooden flooring because of its durability and looks.
- Make space for the cabinet to keep your sports stuff. If the cabinet big enough, you can even keep your home appliances there.
- Put all your sports lined there.
4. A Comfortable Home Gym
What is the important part of the gym beside the sports equipment? Of course, you need water to keep you hydrate. Therefore, you need a cabinet with a fridge to keep the cold drinks along with towels. Aside of that, you can:
- Use wooden flooring that fits the wall. As you can see, the wall is using neutral wallpaper texture.
- On one side of the wall, huge mirrors are assembled to the wall.
5. Gym Slash Office Room
If you have a limited space at home, then this idea may amuse you. It might seem a little bit odd. But once you try it, you will realize that it can save quite a space. Even more, you can finish your job and continue to working out on the same room. What you can do are:
- Build a small space that hidden on the wall. Use a sliding door to save space when you’re using your working space.
- In that space, install all your office appliances along with the cabinet.
- In the center of the room, put all your gym equipment.
- Use the wood as the flooring.
- In the area used for the gym, cover the floor with a grey carpet.
6. Shiny and Airy Home Gym
If you want your home gym look bigger and relieving, you can try this gym idea. While exercising, you can enjoy the sunshine and the fresh air. It can boost your mood when you do the workout and that also will bring benefit for your body and mind. What you should do to create this gym area are:
- Install open windows that face the outside world. You can put the sliding door on the side.
- Use a wooden floor to accentuate a natural feeling inside the room.
7. Simple Room for Gymnastic Activities
Do you fond on exercises that need les equipment such as Zumba, yoga, or just exercise with barbell? If you do, then you can use this simple home gym idea like you can see above. You only need to:
- Install the mirrors on one side of the wall.
- Put the mat as the centerpiece of wooden floors.
8. Home Gym and Sauna Space
What is the activity that has a connection with the gym? It must be the sauna. Usually, people end sports activities by going to a sauna. That way the body will become fresher. Therefore, you can add a sauna space into your home gym.
- Set a small space in the corner to build a sauna room.
- Use the wooden wall for mark out the sauna room.
- As for the rest of the room, you can use paint the wall with white and complete it with grey tiles.
- Line up all your sport equipments on the room.
9. A Nice Gaming Place
Exercising is not only about doing the workout with sports equipments. If you feel bored on doing treadmill, then you can try this home gym idea. Of course, your friend will be so happy to join your workout time. What you can do for your home gym area:
- Put all the gym equipment in a corner near the wall.
- Install a hockey table in the center of the room.
10. Simple Warehouse Gym Idea
Besides to keep the old stuff, a warehouse can also be used as a home gym. Don’t you believe it? You also don’t have to do a big renovation to turn it into a good and clean home gym. Here are the simple tricks on how to turn the regular warehouse into a decent home gym:
- Clean and repaint your warehouse so it won’t look dull. Especially, if it looks dirty and dusty.
- You can use a grey and metal color to get the masculine look.
- Put the gym equipment along with other sports equipments you have.
Turning a room into a home gym using these home gym ideas are quite challenging but not difficult to do. This is also makes you feel more attracted to do exercise regularly and unwittingly the home gym will also increase your health.