In most cases, people usually experience an accident due to the dim illumination. For instance, it may cause seriously painful misstep. To prevent the bad thing from happening, brightening up the stair area becomes critical. So, we provide some excellent stairway lighting ideas to help you below.
1. Solar Step Lights
Whether you have a deck or patio, your outdoor entranceway must be gorgeously lit. Solar-powered lights are the perfect solution because they are highly efficient. During daytime, they are on charging mode. But in the night time, they make your garden path look bright. Here are our guidance to install them.
- Decide the specific location where you want to highlight.
- Do not place the units near the driveway.
- Focus on peak-sun hours. Make sure the units are not shadowed by tree branches.
- Fully charge the light units.
- Dig the ground down about 6-8 inches to bury cables.
2. Pendant Lights
Spruce up your staircase in a magnificent way by hanging these modern pendant lights on the high ceiling. They have such a unique cylinder shape with black hoods. Furthermore, they elegantly complement the wooden floor, black porcelain tile stairs, and wood slat walls. We let you know the secret of a nice gleam.
- Pendant lights are only suitable for a building without second stairway.
- Remove existing mounted lights.
- Snugly attach the mounting brackets with new pendant lights using screws.
- Adjust the heights of pendant lights.
- Attach the wires to brackets.
- Affix the covers.
- Attach shades and opt for bulbs.
3. LED Lights
LEDs are environment-friendly and safe to illuminate your stairwell. In this picture, they provide a good amount of brightness in the straight run staircase. Moreover, they evoke a stylish and alluring character. Wanna fit the LEDs into handrail system? Check out our tutorial!
- Select the color of your LED strips.
- Measure the length of handrails.
- Add a switch controlled outlet.
- Embed the LED strips in handrailing.
- Plug them in.
4. Recessed Lights for Stairway
If dark situation puts you in trouble, you definitely need recessed step lights for an external usage. They are much better than floor lamps. Plus, they exhibit a romantic and warm air. Once you have them, you can easily find the way even in the gloomy night.
- Before installing these lights, you must follow the rule of 1 spot per 3 steps.
- Measure the size of recessed lights and make built-in spaces for them.
- Bury them and match their wiring polarities.
- Plug the transformer into an switched outlet.
- Do a lighting test and unplug your transformer.
5. Fluorescent Lights for Deck Stairs
Lightening up your deck walkway is not as difficult as you may have thought. Vertically hung fluorescent light tubes obviously can give you a wonderful glow after the dark. They look so colorful and help emanate a playful ambience to your home. So, why don’t you give this project a try?
- The power should be off before replacing old lights.
- Put the stepladder underneath your fixture.
- Push the tube into socket on ceiling.
- Repeat it with the other lights.
- Test your tube lights by flipping the switched outlet on.
6. Stair Tread Lights
If you do not know what tread lights are, they actually refer to foot level-mounted lights. There is one lamp for each step. They produce a floating effect and offer a luminous shine throughout the corridor. Moreover, these lights turn your dusky staircase into a glamorous one.
For a lower budget option, you should choose LED strips as tread lights. After that, you have to determine the color, brightness quality, and power.
We confidently guarantee the LED step lighting add value to your home without overwhelming it. You can grab late-night snacks in a quick and comfortable way.
Do you have a spiral stairway? The spiral staircase itself reminisces about majestic ancient times. A chandelier would be an awesome companion to it for sure. It does not only lighten up your stairs, but also exudes a sumptuous and welcoming atmosphere.
This fascinating crystal chandelier will adorn your whole modern interior. It works well with any space color scheme and save your space. If you want to decorate your stairwell, a chandelier can performs as a focal point. Its charming bling won’t stop capturing the attention of your guests.
8. Minimalist Light
Sometimes, people do not like the way their stairways look. If you feel the same, you must spice it up properly with the help of a LED rope light. It tucks your boring and plain indoor staircase into something appealing. Best of all, it is gonna depict a visual interest to all the visitors.
We urge you to choose a LED rope light because it is seriously affordable and easy to install. It accentuates your stairway and portrays cosy ambience. For a great result, you might adopt this idea in a contemporary or modern home. Plus, bear in mind that the length of it depends on your personal need.
9. Wall Lights
You are able to liven up your staircase by using decorative and spectacular wall lights. It is a smart home makeover without a big overhaul too. They will be installed along the walls. To make a more sophisticated effect, you must locate them on half landings.
However, downlights can be positioned in the corners especially for a tiny area. It indicates that they are so versatile. As you can see, those small light fixtures provide inviting and homely character to an open riser staircase. Although they just radiate a subtle luminescence, you will step the stairs in a joyful mood.
10. Icicle Lights
Do not hesitate to use string lights to illuminate the wooden hand railings. They appear so captivating and avoid you from falling and tripping on stairs. In addition, they also create a coordinating look with a dark wood landing. They blend stunningly with an indoor and outdoor setting too.
Once they present as an instant spices to your staircase, they greet your guests with a warm and trendy glow. They have a lot of shapes such as a snowflake, globe, flower, love, and animal. There is nothing more attractive than these lights. Be surprised as they throw your stairwell into a sky full of dazzling stars.
When you go down the dingy stairs, you can have a read of our stairway lighting ideas again. They won’t fail to steal the spotlight. So, let’s get next upgrade started!